Devolution is a once in lifetime opportunity for the North of Tyne. But it’s a complex issue and many people will have lots of questions about how it will work.
These frequently asked questions (FAQs) provide information about all of the key issues. Click the links below to find out more.
- Questions about devolution
- Questions about the Elected Mayor
- Questions about jobs, skills and the economy
- Questions about housing and transport
- Questions about the impact on the wider North East
You will get the chance to ask more questions during our consultation, which will begin in December 2017. More information about the consultation will be provided on this website shortly.
Picture: Royal Border Bridge, Berwick-upon-Tweed