This ‘minded to approve’ devolution deal will transfer unprecedented new powers and investment from Government to the North of Tyne.
Take a look at what our deal includes:
Here’s a summary of the exciting new powers and funding that will be available to the North of Tyne through this deal:
- A new, directly elected Mayor for North of Tyne to give a strong and powerful voice to our area.
- £600 million of extra money to invest in the North of Tyne.
- Projects to improve education, skills and help people get into work.
- Local control of the £23 million per year budget for adult education.
- Powers to develop land for economic growth and regeneration.
- Projects that increase the growth and productivity of our rural communities.
- Working better with Government to boost trade and investment.
- Projects to grow our digital sector and low-carbon economy.
- A joint committee to manage public transport across the North East.
- A commitment to explore new opportunities for the North of Tyne in future.
This is an ambitious devolution deal. It aims to increase opportunities and living standards across the area, and build on the North of Tyne’s impressive productivity rates. The deal will also help to drive the Northern Powerhouse and give North of Tyne a significant role in growing the economy of the North.
Picture: Quorum Business Park, North Tyneside